- What are your hours? In addition to regular business hours, we offer early morning hours (7am and 8am), late evening hours (until 9 pm), and Saturday hours (9am to 5pm).
- I need help now. How quickly can I see one of your therapists? Typically within 2-3 business days, occasionally sooner. Please call 202.588.1288 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an appointment. Our office administrators are very responsive and will work with you to match you up with the best therapist based on your needs.
- I’m a person of color and want to meet with a therapist of color. Is that possible? Yes, we have three therapists of color on our staff, including one Black therapist, to serve your needs.
- Where are you located? DC Talk Therapy is in the Woodley Park neighborhood of Washington, D.C., directly across the street from the National Zoo. We are halfway between two Metro stops (red line) — Cleveland Park and Woodley Park. We are in the South Entrance of the building, next to Starbucks. If you drive, there is side street parking usually available, up to two hours. If you bike to our office, there is a Capital BikeShare dock in front of our building.
- What are your fees? Among FAQs, this may qualify as the #1 question. Intake sessions for individual counseling range from $245-$285, depending on the therapist; ongoing individual therapy sessions range from $185-$225, again depending on the therapist. The fees for couples counseling depend on the therapist and the length of each session: 60 minutes — $235-$285; 75 minutes — $280-$320; 90 minutes — $335-$375.
- Do your therapists offer shorter or longer sessions vs. the typical 50-minute session? Yes, many of our therapists offer 75-minute, 90-minute and even 120-minute therapy sessions. These are good for those looking to make significant progress in a short period of time. We also offer 25-minute sessions which are about half the cost of regular sessions, so they appeal to those clients on a tighter budget.
- Do your therapists offer sessions over the phone? Yes, several of our therapists do. In addition, our therapists offer HIPAA-secure video therapy sessions on Doxy and Zoom.
- What if I need to cancel a therapy session? We understand that occasionally you need to cancel your therapy session for a variety of reasons. However, we ask that you give us 24 hours notice. If you do not cancel within 24 hours, we will bill you in full for that session. True emergencies occasionally occur and that those take precedence, so we will not bill you under those circumstances. Also, if you know weeks or months in advance that you will be away on vacation, please let your therapist know as soon as possible.
- Is your office closed on major holidays? Yes. DC Talk Therapy is closed for the following holidays: New Year’s Day; Memorial Day; July 4th; Labor Day; Thanksgiving and Christmas Day. We are open on all other federal holidays.
- Is your office open in bad weather? Because all of our therapists provide teletherapy, we are open even in bad weather. Once our therapists return to the office, we’ll follow the federal government’s lead in terms of closing. So, if the government is closed due to snow, so are we. However, we open at our regular time if the government opens one or two hours late. If you don’t feel that it’s safe to come into the office on a day with inclement weather, please call or email us to let us know and you will not be charged. We never want you to compromise your safety.
If you have any other questions, please call 202.588.1288 or email us at email@example.com. We’re happy to answer any questions you have.