- What are your hours? We understand the work demands of our clients, so our therapists offer appointment times that accommodate your schedule. In addition to regular business hours, we offer early morning hours (7am and 8am), evening hours (until 9 pm twice a week), Saturday hours (9am to 5pm) and Sunday hours (2pm-5pm).
- I need help now. How quickly can I see one of your therapists? Typically within 2-3 business days, occasionally sooner. Please call our office administrator at 202.588.1288 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an appointment. Our office administrators, Mary Ieng and Amy Brezee, are very responsive and will work with you to match you up with the right therapist based on your needs.
- Where are you located? DC Talk Therapy is in the Woodley Park neighborhood of Washington, D.C., directly across the street from the National Zoo. We are halfway between two Metro stops (red line) — Cleveland Park and Woodley Park. We are in the South Entrance of the building, next to Starbucks. If you choose to drive, there is side street parking usually available, up to two hours. For those who want to bike to our office, there is a Capital BikeShare dock in front of our building.
- What are your fees? Intake sessions for individual counseling range from $235-$275, depending on the therapist; ongoing individual therapy sessions range from $185-$225, again depending on the therapist. The fees for couples counseling depend on the therapist and the length of each session: 60 minutes — $235-$275; 75 minutes — $280-$320; 90 minutes — $335-$375.
- Which suites are the therapists in? Our therapists are in the following designated suites within the office building:
Suite 408 (South Entrance) – Amy DeYoung, Kathy Richardson, Amanda Shapiro, David Sternberg and Robin Tucker
- Do your therapists offer shorter or longer sessions vs. the typical 50-minute session? Yes, many of our therapists offer 75-minute and 90-minute therapy sessions. These are good for those looking to make significant progress in a short period of time. We also offer 25-minute sessions which are about half the cost of regular sessions, so they appeal to those clients on a tighter budget.
- Do your therapists offer sessions over the phone? Yes, several of our therapists do. In addition, our therapists offer Doxy, VSee, Zoom, or Skype therapy sessions.
- What if I need to cancel a therapy session? We understand that occasionally you need to cancel your therapy session for a variety of reasons. However, we ask that you give us 24 hours notice. If you do not cancel within 24 hours, we will bill you in full for that session. We understand that true emergencies occasionally occur and that those take precedence, so we will not bill you under those circumstances. Also, if you know weeks or months in advance that you will be away on vacation, please let your therapist know as soon as possible.
- Is your office closed on major holidays? DC Talk Therapy is closed for the following holidays: New Year’s Day; Memorial Day; July 4th; Labor Day; Thanksgiving and the day after; Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and New Year’s Eve. We remain open on all other federal holidays.
- Is your office open in bad weather? DC Talk Therapy follows the federal government’s lead in terms of closing. So, if the government is closed due to snow, so are we. However, we open at our regular time if the government opens one or two hours late. If you don’t feel that it’s safe to come into the office on a day with inclement weather, please call or email us to let us know and you will not be charged. We never want you to compromise your safety.